So, Honda CB750 Seven Fifty oil system was packed back in crankcase, oil pan screwed and our next goal was clutch assembling. As I wrote earlier I decided to use CBX750 clutch in this project. Traditional photo of what I had to assemble:
But firstly I made improvised support plate for engine to make it stand on workbench firm and in level. It was just a piece of chipboard with glued rubber for oil pan step and holes for drain plug and its protector. Simple thing, but it significantly simplify work with engine.
Then was time to start top end assembling. Cylinder block and pistons:
New OEM gasket, dowel pins and O-rings for cylinder sleeves. Beware, those O-rings are not included in Honda OEM gasket set A (for top end), so you have to order them separately if there is need to change them.
As I showed here>> not a lot remained of conic mouth on the bottom of cylinders after cylinders were bored up to 70mm, so this work was on hard side, but I managed to do it quite well.
As cylinder block took its place, there was time to install cylinder head. The packages of OEM gasket became emptier as I took cylinder head gasket and coopered washers for this setup. And of course, another couple of new dowel pins:-)
But I am quite skilled in solving such questions so cylinder head was placed in no time. I tightened all nuts according to pattern and torque indicated in manual and engine began to look like mostly assembled.
To be continued.