Okay. Here I have some update about Zephyr 750 Cafe-Roadster kit project, a bit out of date for now, but I had no time to write this text earlier.
This chapter is about tail and seat base. Those who may had taken a look on previous parts of Zephyr story saw that I had models and know that I want not only one set of seat and tail, but the ability to replicate them. So I needed a mold for each part.
In this case I had to do next steps:
- to check symmetry
- to optimize parts for fiberglass manufacturing
- to workout all tail mounting points and seat lock features
- to make part’s models surfaces as perfect as possible.
And that was a work which took a lot of time and efforts. Many evenings I spent with putty, sandpaper, soldering-iron, iron net and pieces of plastic. Finally I made my best with tail: